ProgrammeThu 15 March
Scope: This panel will focus on several key topics. These will include discussions on the following: Is the role of NGOs at European level really increasing or it is more populism than real results? What are the effective mechanisms for having the main messages of the NGOs reaching the European institutions? Which are the best practices in this direction and on what platform grounds these have been achieved? What will be the role of the NGOs in the Governance of the Energy Union? Is there enough transparency and feedback from the institutions on the work, concerning the proposals the NGOs make? Is there conflict of interests between NGOs, which protect the market development in the energy field with those, which protect consumers?
- Mr. Maroš Šefčovič -Vice President of the European Commission in charge of the Energy Union;
- Mrs. Temenuzka Petkova -Minister of Energy of Bulgaria;
- Mr. Janez Kopač -Director of the Energy Community Secretariat;
- Mr. Örjan Brinkman - President of the European Consumers’ Association;
- Mr. Magnus Hall - Vice President of EURELECTRIC.
Moderator: Mr. Slavtcho Neykov - Chairman of the Energy Management Institute
Scope: The second panel will emphasize on the regional dimension of particularly in South East Europe as well as on the national aspects of the existing problems in the frame of the European challenges. Key topics of the debate within this panel shall be linked to the necessity for concrete regional efforts as to better streamline the effectiveness of the non-governmental sector’ positions; further, national experiences and problems will be presented and debated outlining best practices. Additionally, the role of the non-governmental organizations in promoting regional EU initiatives, related to the energy sector, particularly such with a focus on South East Europe and the Western Balkans, will be also targeted.
Panel interventions and statements by:
- Ass. Prof. Mr. Ivan Ivanov - Chairperson of the Bulgarian Energy and Water Regulatory Commission;
- Mrs. Maja Turković -Co-founder and Board member of the Association for Sustainable Development Serbia;
- Ms. Ivana Rogulj - Energy Expert in SEE Change Net, Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Mr. Corneliu Bodea -President of the Romanian Energy Center, Romania;
- Mr. Tim Yeo - Chair of New Nuclear Watch Europe;
- Mr. Dimitrios Mezartasoglou - Head of Research, Institute for Energy for South East Europe, Greece;
- Mr. Boyko Nitzov - Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators;
- Mr. Gürkan Kumbaroğlu - President of the Turkish Association of Energy Economics;
- Mr. Bogomil Nikolov - Executive Director of the Bulgarian National Association Active Consumers
Moderator: Member of the Board, European-Ukrainian Energy Agency, Ukraine, Mrs. Elena Rybak